1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Printing in W2000

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by tmcg, Jan 24, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tmcg

tmcg Thread Starter

I have W2000 running on a laptop. Usuallly the laptop is connected to my home network and everything is fine.
    If I disconnect the laptop from the network the following happens.
    In Word I get "winword.exe has generated errors and will be closed by windows"
    This same error generates for app.
    In the case of Word the error generates as soon as Word loads, in other apps I need to print to get the error.
    When I plug the network in all is OK.
    If I turn off the other computer I get the same error. I appears the Windows 2000 on the LT needs the other W98 computer for some reason.
    Is this a W2000 problem or an app problem I assume W2000.

2. Bob Cerelli

Bob Cerelli

When Word was installed or configured, were any components located on another computer on the network?

One possible solution would be to disconnect from the network, uninstall, reboot, and reinstall Word.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/115049

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice