1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

printing office docs in windowsxp

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by roxy, Jan 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. roxy

roxy Thread Starter

I have just updated my computer - got a newish one (handdown from my son) which is a pentium 4 (I think) and much faster than the pentium 1 I had. Anyway, I have installed windows xp and office xp and suddenly, I cannot seem to print any office documents. It prints images, and the little thingys, (graphics from other programs) but the printer just rolls the bar and doesn't even send the little ink jet thingy across the bar for anything from Word or Outlook - I got a funny almost printout from an Access file, but it split in two pages what was a compact grid on the screen.
    I have an ancient (8year old) Olivette JP360
    the practice print test works. and I can print images ok.

any ideas?
    urgent
    thanks
    :confused:

2. Rockn

Rockn

They probably don't have a driver for XP so you might be out of luck. Look in the default set of drivers for XP to see if there is one there.

3. roxy

roxy Thread Starter

ok, excuse my ignorance, but how do I check out the drivers - I assume you mean for the printer.
    but I don't understand how the printing problem can only be for Office and not image files.

I tried a pdf file and it printed the headline, but the roller juat rolled without the jet cartridge moving for the rest of it.

I tried a page from the internet - and it just rolled. but it prints a test page and it prints images. - so how does the driver only work for text?

thanks for your response.
    roxy

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/111704

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice