1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Printing pages in PDF

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by logoner, May 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. logoner

logoner Thread Starter

When a document is displayed in PDF and I select only specific page numbers to print, different pages will print out. i.e. I selected pages 34 and 35 only and got pages 24 and 25. Is a different procedure required for printing PDF pages? HP psc 2410 Photosmart all-in-one printer. Windows XP home. Thanks

2. jdl

jdl

I've had similar problems and found this explanation on a "Medicare" web site.

"Page Numbering in Adobe

Adobe Acrobat Reader numbers pages differently from the document within the reader. Adobe Acrobat simply looks at the number of total pages within a document, and begins with the number 1 for the first page. While this makes sense in some cases, this numbering does not allow for unnumbered pages, such as Cover pages and Table of Contents.

In the example above, (See link below for full description) an excerpt from a larger document was placed into its own PDF publication. This excerpt contains pages 5, 6, and 7 of a document, but appears as pages 1, 2, and 3 in the Adobe Acrobat Reader.

Please remember this numbering difference. Many of the PDF documents on the Medicare.gov website contain references to other pages within the document. It is important to use the page numbers on the actual document pages in order to navigate to referenced pages. The Adobe Acrobat Reader page numbers should be used as more of a guide to how many total pages a document contains."

Go here for a full discussion of Adobe printing.

3. winbob

winbob

Logoner,

You might want to make a habit of using "Print Preview" to make sure that you are getting what you expect!

4. logoner

logoner Thread Starter

jdl and winbob, Thanks very much for the answers. They make sense now that I think of it. Will look at both suggestioins next time in Adobe. Bill

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/468929

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice