1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Printing problem in Word 97

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by necro95, Sep 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. necro95

necro95 Thread Starter

Hi, I am new here, so please do forgive and mistakes I made.
    I have a problem thats quite.... well, funny.

I have a P4 PC, a HP Comapq Evo thats running on XP and loaded with MS Office 97. I experience this a problem when printing some logos. It seems that the logo will get inverted when being printed, even though the print preview does not show it.

The printer is a HP LJ 5M, and after some experiment, it seems to effect HP LJ 5si, Epson N2050 and HP LJ 4M. They are all using the PCL 6 drivers.
    The PS drivers do not have this problem but then I cannot print duplex in that mode.

The HP LJ 8000N seems to be immune to this error.

I had search thru the MS KB but does not find anything similar to this problem.
    The same problem does not appear in Win95/98/ME though. seems to be NT related drivers problem. Or are there any incompatibility issues with WinXP and Office97? Are there any fixes for this?

I will be very thankful if anyone can direct me to any materials that might help shed some light on this issue. Thank you.

2. MsPCGenius

MsPCGenius

3. necro95

necro95 Thread Starter

Thanks for the help but no go.

1. Called up HP tech, but either they dunno their own product or they think I'm an alien from the 3rd galaxy trying to trick them into providing an answer. The most useful advice they have, download a fresh driver from their "fine sites" or call up microsoft as its an "application or OS problem". Doh!

2. Call up MS but they want me to PAY for a tech call! Also, the kind helpdesk supporter said that its "highly unlikely to be a problem related to their products. Please call HP for a compatible driver..."

See the trend here?

Thanks once again anyway,

Rgs
    Tearless in Singapore T_T

4. Anne Troy

Anne Troy

First Name:
    Anne
    This sounds more to me like a problem with the graphic file. Why don't you send it to me and I'll see what I can do with it to get it into an appropriate format? [email protected]

5. tbritches

tbritches

One suggestion is to delete the PCL 6 drivers and install the PCL 5e drivers.

6. necro95

necro95 Thread Starter

Hi, thks for the replies, but the problem is this..

The PCL6 or 5e drivers dun work in this case, just the PS. But the duplex option cannot be activated in PS mode.

As for the graphical files, they can print fine in a win95/98/ME systems but not XP. Thats why I find it so strange. I had tried saving the pics into different formats but the problem still persist.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/269690

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice