1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Printing Problems Itunes 11.0.0.163 cd jewel case insert

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by Wilcham, Dec 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Wilcham

Wilcham Thread Starter

I just upgraded my Itunes to version 11.0.0.163. I tried to print a cd jewel case insert and the print came out of my Epson CX4800 all bunched up in about a 2 inch square, track listings printing over top of other track listings. This worked perfectly before I upgraded. And yes I upgraded the software/printer drivers, etc. to the latest for Windows Vista home professional, and everything prints perfectly from all of my other programs. Can you help? Thanks.

2. mojomadman

mojomadman

Same problem using Windows 7 with Brother. Haven't seen a solution anywhere. Hope they put out a fix.

3. spkspk

spkspk

I am having this problem, too. Mine is a Canon printer and my operating system is Windows 7, so it is not specific to a printer and it is not an operating system issue.

4. CaravanGuy37

CaravanGuy37

Yes!! I am having the exact same problem described by Wilcham. It is most frustrating. I use Windows 8, and my printer is a HP Photosmart c4180. The problem began when I upgraded to iTunes 11. I cannot print a jewel case insert. At first the song list was all smooshed together, and now it comes out blank. I can still print things outside of iTunes. Am wondering if I should just use System Restore and go back to the good old days before iTunes 11. Thanks for your help.

5. VIntageMusicGuy

VIntageMusicGuy

Same story. Printed jewel case inserts are bunched up and unreadable. It it apparent that this is a bug in the new release 11 of iTunes. It is also mentioned in the Apple Forum. And it looks like a simple mistake of omitting a carriage return in a subroutine (if that term is still used). It's such an obvious bug for a feature that so many use that doubtless it will be fixed in the next release.

6. bayhuntr

bayhuntr

Same problem with a HP L7650, On two PC's one from the USB connection and the other PC through the network.

7. fancydancer

fancydancer

Seems that the problem is universal regardless of the OS or printer. I'm using an Epson Photo Stylus R1900. Have two more HPs in the house but no sense in trying them. The problem lies with iTunes 11.

8. swrancher

swrancher

Same issue...just downloaded Itunes 11 and after reading your earlier posts...wish I never had!! Is it possible to go back to previous version of Itunes?

9. redguyone

redguyone

Spoke to Apple Tech this morning-was unaware of the problem-said he'd file a report-am guessing this is going to take time-----don't believe you can retrieve I Tunes 10.0 but if possible would love to know

10. Joecroix

Joecroix

I have the same problem with a Photosmart C5550. I even changed the printer to Microsoft XPS driver saving directly to the hard drive with the same results. My solution was to print the CD jewel case insert on the Large playlist(black & white), even then the print is small. I wanted a picture on the case insert so I went to the songs Artwork and then pasted the picture in Microsoft Word. I printed the playlist from the XPS driver file and then printed the picture on top of that. This is the only workaround that I used, but it seems that the problem is with Itunes and not the printer.

11. princessmaria

princessmaria

<p>Yes, have the same problem and its very frustrating &amp; I have regrets of upgrading to iTunes 11. Is there anyway I can restore or re-download the previous iTunes? Please, help-Thank you.</p>

12. mojomadman

mojomadman

I upgraded to iTunes 11.0.1.12 when I open iTunes today and it solved my jewel case insert problem. Maybe someone at Apple is paying attention after all.

13. fancydancer

fancydancer

Problem solved. Apple released a fix (they called it a new version of iTunes) a couple of days ago. To correctly print saz jewel case insert 1. Create a new Playlist and move the album to that playlist. Select the playlist, then print. It should print correctly.

14. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1079156