Printing Publisher Label

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

MOONBEAN

I'm trying to print a label in publisher, I've matched the correct category of label also on custom options i've checked the configuration of the label, yet when I print my labels do not start off aligned then by the bottom of the page they have moved around 0.2-0.4cm off with no vertical gap they are then printing off the label on to the next.

Max19

Account Disabled
Are you sure you're printing from the top of the label sheet to the bottom? Is it possible you're putting the sheets in upside down?

When I do labels in Publisher, I always print a sheet on plain paper first, just to see how it is tracking when I hold it up to the light against a sheet of labels. If it is leaving too much space between the labels, I go into the print setup area and adjust the spacing. Mostly I do labels in Word, because they are easier to do and come out right almost all the time.:)

Hi Moonbean.

Have you tried re-calibrating your printer?

Either that will give you the results you're after or you could try cleaning the paper path manually. Over time paper dust builds up in the pathway and can cause binding or slippage of a sheet as it is pulled through. This can be more obvious when printing to thicker sheets like labels.

Try printing a test sheet of label data on to both a label sheet and a plain sheet of A4. Do the characters print in the same position on both?

I agree with Schrader and always print a test sheet before any printing job where positioning is critical.

Good luck.

MOONBEAN

Originally posted by Mike C UK
Hi Moonbean.

Have you tried re-calibrating your printer?

Either that will give you the results you're after or you could try cleaning the paper path manually. Over time paper dust builds up in the pathway and can cause binding or slippage of a sheet as it is pulled through. This can be more obvious when printing to thicker sheets like labels.

Try printing a test sheet of label data on to both a label sheet and a plain sheet of A4. Do the characters print in the same position on both?

I agree with Schrader and always print a test sheet before any printing job where positioning is critical.

Good luck.

There's many a slip 'twixt cup and lip, my friend.

I got you message - or rather MY message.

Check the post and reply again.

Hi again Moonbean

I guess you had a few problems posting back to me. Luckily I looked in my profile (I rarely do) and spotted your private message.. Suggest you keep replies in the thread you started - click on POST A REPLY at bottom right of a message, enter your text in YOUR REPLY field then click SUBMIT REPLY.
Keeping to the original thread lets everybody know the problem is not sorted and they may then put in their half-pennyworth to help. Private message are just that.

As to recalibrating, well, I don't know what printer you have but most have Help files in their software programs or Helplines on the Net. one or the other will give you the correct method. Try looking for their Troubleshooter (or similar) sections.
My HP Deskjet has a Toolbox for just this sort of operation, including printing a Diagnostics page. Check yours out.

Good luck, but if no luck post a reply/continuation under the original thread.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online