1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Printing selected rows?

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by vette, Sep 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. vette

vette Thread Starter

I'm using Microsoft Excel for tracking information and I would like to print out selected rows in a group. Is there any way that I can print randomly selected rows like 1,5,10,15 and have them print out on the page as if they were consecutive rows and not one row per page with spacing as they apear on screen? This uses a couple of pages instead of being able to print one page.

2. pinntech

pinntech

Hello...

I believe if you hide the rows you do not want to print, you will be able to print the rows SHOWN. Not 100% sure without trying, but I believe it will work.

3. vette

vette Thread Starter

If I go to the window drop down menu and click on hide the whole window is gone, selected rows and all. It also does not allow me to select the print option then either. Any other suggestions?

4. Rollin_Again

Rollin_Again

You can also use a macro to copy the selected rows to a new sheet and then print it.

Rollin

5. pinntech

pinntech

Mark the row you do not want to print - whole row.

FORMAT -> ROW -> HIDE

Works for columns also.. I just tried it. It prints only the columns and rows that are not hidden.

Shane

6. vette

vette Thread Starter

I know how to print the selected rows but they would print with the same spacing on the paper as they appear on screen. What I wanted to do is to have them print out in a group to use less paper. I do think though that I may have found a way to print out the info that will work for me.
    Thanks for the help.....

7. pinntech

pinntech

Sounds like it is time to switch to a database or learn visual basic? :) Hope whatever you have found works....

Shane

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/274504

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice