1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Printing with Word & Publisher 2000

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by Jacqui H, Jan 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Jacqui H

Jacqui H Thread Starter

Hi,

Word 2000 works well but will not print. Printer sounds and acts as if it is
    printing but pages are blank or (sometimes) bear faint traces of text.
    Printer working well with all other applications. Changed to my Word 97, as it seemed Printer not compatible with XP or Microsoft Office 2000 (Prof. edition)(too old apparently according to Microsoft, and HP have not got any Drivers to suit .. lol) :( :( But .. Still as above. Only way I've found I can print, is on Printer Setting 'Photo' paper Setting .. which does a great job .. but takes ages, but I'm sure it uses more Ink.
    (HP deskjet 840c - OS = xp home)

Any suggestions welcomed.

Jacqui
    :confused: :confused:

2. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

Sounds exactly like the black ink cartridge is empty. Or the cartridge is blocked or otherwise not actually working.

Black can be from the mix of the 3 colours, or from the black cartridge (or both).

Word uses black for black, the others tend to use colour to make black. Photo setting uses colour.

3. Jacqui H

Jacqui H Thread Starter

Thanks for your reply Kiwiguy, appreciated. I will go out and buy another cartridge and try again, although I didn't think this one was empty . must admit though, it's not the HP McCoy only a refill .. so may be a 'dodgy' one.

I will 'report' back when I've changed it .. (with an HP one) as to whether it has rectified the problem.

Jacqui (UK) :) :)

4. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

What you report is not uncommon for refills.

Have moved away from them ages ago, the reliability is often poor.

5. Jacqui H

Jacqui H Thread Starter

Thanks Kiwiguy .. when I have my 'HP' black Ink and tested .. I'll reply with results .. if it sorts out the problem .. then great for people with similar problems .. think you're right! .. refills with 'HP' are a 'no go' . shame!! .. but it seems a fact! of life .. can't blame them really .. keeping their product 'pure'! you get what you pay for .. at the end of theday!!

Jacqui

6. Jacqui H

Jacqui H Thread Starter

:D Hello Kiwiguy

As Promised my results, bought new HP Black ink today.. and all is well .. from now on I keep of all 'Refills'!! thank you so much for your help .. you're a Star! :D

Jacqui
    X

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/324126

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice