1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

printing

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Bill T., Jan 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Bill T.

Bill T. Thread Starter

I have Windows XP and need to get a new printer(combo) which will print odd and then even pages . Manual turning over the sheets is no problem. My WordPerfect software allows me to select numbered pages and different page sizes. Will any printer compatible with this platform work ?? It seems only certain printers offer duplexing and my present hp612C does what I want , but doesn't work weel with XP. I can not afford sophisticated machinery--I am a home user only.E-mails to manufacturers have only brought more confusion. I would welcome a simple explanation--

2. D0C_Hol1d@y

[email protected]

Why do you think it doesn't work with XP well?

3. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

The function of odd or even pages is usually a "printer driver and the application you are printing from" related feature more than the printer itself.

The 612C "inbuilt" XP driver may not provide the level of control, perhaps that is what you suggest?

All my printers here (3, all are HP) allow it, both from MS Office, Adobe etc.

But its selected in different places depending on what application you print from.

Are you absolutely sure the basic XP driver does not allow it for the 612C?

4. Bill T.

Bill T. Thread Starter

The XP driver prohibits printing of small page sizes on 612C. HP have advised me this new driver does not allow all of the features the printer is capable of. Also, other reasons for changing the printer: My scanner will not work with XP--I can use it but it will not shut down after use. I have reams of fix its from HP but none are successful. The printer is over four years old and acts up now and then. A multi function unit will be suitable but I do need to make sure it serves my purposes....two sided and small sizes (4.5" x 3.5"). I can not afford nor do I need sophisticated machines . What model nos. are your units? are they color printers?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/434924

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice