printmonitor.exe

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

kats44

All of a sudden I keep getting an error message that says the printmonitor had a fatal error and will be shut down. I don't know what I have done different and/or why it keeps popping up or how to fix it. My printer works fine. Hope you can help.

I have windows 98 and it is a compaq computer. Thanks

Check in device manager and see if there's any yellow (!). Run a virus scan also. What kind of printer is it and how old.

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
Hmmm....I'm wondering why you need printer monitor running....can you take a look at start button, run, then type msconfig and hit ok....go to the startup tab....does print monitor appear there? If so, try unchecking it and restart the computer...test the printer to be sure it still works.

kats44

I checked MSCONFIG and there is nothing in there that says pringmanager.

I don't know how to get to the device manager to check the other suggestion. If you can tell me how I will try that too.

Thanks for you help:D

kats44

Okay, I found the device manager and I found no yellow !.

My printer is probably 6 years old and it still works fine, it is just this error message pops up out of now where and all of a sudden.

Thanks

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
Can you post your running tasks? Start button, run, then type msinfo32 and hit ok...go to software, running tasks, edit, select all, edit, copy and come back and paste.

kats44

Kernel32.dll 4.10.2222 Microsoft Corporation Win32 Kernel core component C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\Kernel32.dll 4.3 Microsoft(R) Windows(R) Operating System
MSGSRV32.EXE 4.10.2222 Microsoft Corporation Windows 32-bit VxD Message Server C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MSGSRV32.EXE 4.0 Microsoft(R) Windows(R) Operating System
Mprexe.exe 4.10.1998 Microsoft Corporation WIN32 Network Interface Service Process C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\Mprexe.exe 4.0 Microsoft(R) Windows(R) Operating System
Mstask.exe 4.71.1972.1 Microsoft Corporation Task Scheduler Engine C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\Mstask.exe 4.0 Microsoft® Windows® Task Scheduler
Grxp4exe.exe 4.50 Kensington Technology Group Gravis Xperience Driver Support C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\Grxp4exe.exe 4.0 Gravis Xperience Driver Support
Hidserv.exe 4.10.2222 Microsoft Corporation HID Audio Service C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\Hidserv.exe 4.0 Microsoft(R) Windows(R) Operating System
MMTASK.TSK 4.03.1998 Microsoft Corporation Multimedia background task support module C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MMTASK.TSK 4.0 Microsoft Windows
Explorer.exe 4.72.3110.1 Microsoft Corporation Windows Explorer C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.exe 4.0 Microsoft(R) Windows NT(R) Operating System
Conmgr.exe 5.05.11 EarthLink, Inc. Connection Manager COM Server C:\PROGRAM FILES\EARTHLINK 5.0\Conmgr.exe 4.0 EarthLink 5.0
Qttask.exe C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\Qttask.exe 4.0
Systray.exe 4.10.2224 Microsoft Corporation System Tray Applet C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\Systray.exe 4.0 Microsoft(R) Windows(R) Operating System
Stimon.exe 4.10.2222 Microsoft Corporation Still Image Devices Monitor C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\Stimon.exe 4.0 Microsoft(R) Windows(R) Operating System
Loadqm.exe 5.4.1103.3 Microsoft Corporation Microsoft QMgr C:\WINDOWS\Loadqm.exe 4.0 QMgr Loader
Realplay.exe 6.0.9.584 RealNetworks, Inc. RealPlayer C:\PROGRAM FILES\REAL\REALPLAYER\Realplay.exe 4.0 RealPlayer (32-bit)
Taskmon.exe 4.10.1998 Microsoft Corporation Task Monitor C:\WINDOWS\Taskmon.exe 4.0 Microsoft(R) Windows(R) Operating System
Cpqinet.exe 3, 0, 1, 4 Compaq Computer Corporation CPQInet C:\COMPAQ\CPQINET\Cpqinet.exe 4.0 CPQINET
Sccenter.exe 1, 0, 0, 15 Compaq Computer Corporation SCCenter Module C:\CPQS\BWTOOLS\Sccenter.exe 4.0 SCCenter Module
Directcd.exe 3.01 (162) Adaptec DirectCD Application C:\PROGRAM FILES\ADAPTEC\DIRECTCD\Directcd.exe 4.0 DirectCD
Updatemgr.exe 5.05.11 EarthLink, Inc. UpdateMng component C:\PROGRAM FILES\EARTHLINK 5.0\Updatemgr.exe 4.0 EarthLink 5.0
Navapw32.exe 8.07.17 Symantec Corporation Norton AntiVirus Agent C:\PROGRAM FILES\NORTON ANTIVIRUS\Navapw32.exe 4.0 Norton AntiVirus
PTSNOOP.EXE 1.00.00 PCtel, Inc. PTSNOOP.EXE C:\WINDOWS\PTSNOOP.EXE 3.1 PTSNOOP.EXE
Wjview.exe 5.00.3809 Microsoft Corporation Microsoft® VM Command Line Interpreter C:\WINDOWS\Wjview.exe 4.0 Microsoft(R) Windows (R) Operating System
Hxiul.exe 2, 2, 1, 2040 Alset HXIUL C:\PROGRAM FILES\COSMI\HELPEXPRESS\DEFAULT\Hxiul.exe 4.0 HelpExpress
Msnmsgr.exe 5.0.0543 Microsoft Corporation Messenger C:\PROGRAM FILES\MSN MESSENGER\Msnmsgr.exe 4.0 Messenger
Incmail.exe 1, 8, 5, 0 IncrediMail, Ltd. IncrediMail Application C:\PROGRAM FILES\INCREDIMAIL\BIN\Incmail.exe 4.0 IncrediMail
Mrtmngr.exe 2.03.02 Marimba Inc. Rate Sensing Manager C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\Mrtmngr.exe 4.0 Rate Sensing Manager
Bttnserv.exe 4.00.061 Compaq Computer Corporation Button Server C:\PROGRAM FILES\COMPAQ\EASY ACCESS BUTTON SUPPORT\Bttnserv.exe 4.0 BttnServ Module
Helpexp.exe 1, 5, 0, 3008 Alset HXClient C:\PROGRAM FILES\COSMI\HELPEXPRESS\DEFAULT\CLIENT\Helpexp.exe 4.0 HelpExpress
Eausbkbd.exe 6.00.096 Compaq Computer Corporation Compaq Easy Access USB Keyboard Driver C:\PROGRAM FILES\COMPAQ\EASY ACCESS BUTTON SUPPORT\Eausbkbd.exe 4.0 Compaq Easy Access Keyboard Support Software
Wmiexe.exe 5.00.1755.1 Microsoft Corporation WMI service exe housing C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\Wmiexe.exe 4.0 Microsoft(R) Windows NT(R) Operating System
Spool32.exe 4.10.1998 Microsoft Corporation Spooler Sub System Process C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\Spool32.exe 4.0 Microsoft(R) Windows(R) Operating System
Couponica.exe C:\PROGRAM FILES\COUPONICA\Couponica.exe 4.0
Ddhelp.exe 4.08.01.0881 Microsoft Corporation Microsoft DirectX Helper C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\Ddhelp.exe 4.0 Microsoft® DirectX for Windows® 95 and 98
Pstores.exe 5.00.1877.3 Microsoft Corporation Protected storage server C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\Pstores.exe 4.0 Microsoft(R) Windows NT(R) Operating System
Hh.exe 5.2.3644.0 Microsoft Corporation Microsoft® HTML Help Executable C:\WINDOWS\Hh.exe 4.0 HTML Help
Msinfo32.exe 4.10.2222 Microsoft Corporation MSInfo32 C:\PROGRAM FILES\COMMON FILES\MICROSOFT SHARED\MSINFO\Msinfo32.exe 4.0 Microsoft System Information

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
Holy caca....that's a lot of stuff.......I don't see a virus program running though........do you have one, and is it up to date?

For a test, this is what I would do.......go to the start button, run, then type msconfig and hit ok.....uncheck everything except for systray (write down everything you are unchecking, so if you miss something, you can go back and check it) --- do you have a scanner? I'm assuming so since stimon.exe is running....if you have a scanner.....don't uncheck that one.

Another question, I think, and I'm not too familiar with ME, but there should be statemgr running....did you disable the restore point feature in ME?

kats44

I unchecked every thing except systray and restarted and the print monitor error did not come up this time.

I do Have a virus protector and I just downloaded the updates, plus I have it scheduled to automatically check for updates so I can down load them.

Also if you see stuff that I don't need tell me I will not re-check them.

Thanks for your help - just let me know when and what I should go back and recheck stuff.

Thanks

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
Oops, I missed Norton running........go back and recheck that for sure......

Do you have a scanner? If so, you'll need the stimon.exe rechecked.

Also, if you use the special keys on the keyboard you'll need to recheck the compaq keyboard entry.

Other than that, I don't see anything else you need starting every time......I am still concerned about the statemgr entry not being there......do you have an option to check that? I think that is for ME restore points, hopefully someone else will come along and confirm that and/or tell you how to get it back.

kats44

Okay, I have gone back in check the things you told me to re-check.

ME - I am going to assume that stands for Microsoft Explorer - right?

If not then what does it stand for?

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
Well, duh for me again today.......I better take the rest of the day off :rolleyes: For whatever reason I thought you were running Windows ME, but if I go back and re-read correctly :rolleyes: you are running Windows 98.....

Please look for scanregistry and place a check mark on that too.....it wasn't in your first list, but it's very helpful if you mess something up and have to restore back a few days.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online