Prioritizing Internal SATA HD

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Cdn XxRRODxX

Whenever I have my external Hard drive (connected via USB) on when I boot the computer, the operating system doesn't boot. However, when I turn off the external the OS will boot (the OS is on the internal SATA HD). Is there any way that I can prioritize the internal SATA HD over the external HD. I have already gone into the BIOS and USB is prioritized after the internal SATA HD so I'm not entirely sure what's wrong. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

I am using Windows Vista 64bit and the external is a Seagate Expansion Hard Drive (2TB).

On the motherboards i've used if you have more then one harddrive attached it lets you set which one to boot from, which is separate from setting boot device e.g cdrom, usb, sata etc.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online