private address-remote access help

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

seven

I need to know how this works.

Remote access via the internet using IP addressing.
I have a private address NAT behind a router. The other computer I have is also on private addressing behind a router.

If all Private addresses are the same, how does one connect to the correct computer remotely.

is the configuration done with port forwarding in the routers.....

From very confused

R

read up on NAT. and port forwarding...yur router translates the addresses. if u wanna go end to end over the net, yul probably need to use port forwarding on the router to send certain traffic to yur pc for a particular program

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online