1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Pro Evolution Soccer 5

Discussion in 'Games' started by japple, Dec 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. japple

japple Thread Starter

Hi,
    Just a little over a week ago I purchased Pro Evolution Soccer 5 for my PC. I had downloaded the demo and played it many times and decided the game would make a good purchase. However I ran into problems immediately. I was able to install the program, no problem there. But when I double-clicked on the icon to start the game my computer would make alot of noise and the CPU would be working hard, but the game wouldnt start. Then a couple of hours later, the game just randomly started and opened and I was able to play. But then the next time I tried it wouldn't start again. Any ideas why this is happeneing? The demo worked just beautifully.

p.s. I thought it might have been my drivers so I tried installing the newest ones but Im not too sure if it worked/did anything.
    my current driver is the 6.14.0010.6587(english) version if that helps.

Specs:
    Intel Pentium 4 3.06GHZ
    1024MB RAM
    Radeon X800 XT

much appreciated.

2. japple

japple Thread Starter

*bump*

can anybody help me out with this?

3. japple

japple Thread Starter

4. LukeA

LukeA

This may be obvious, but have you tried re-installing the game?

5. japple

japple Thread Starter

Yeah, twice or so, but it didnt help and I'm still encountering the same problem.

6. eoura

eoura

Hmm. Your computer sure has sweet specs, but it seems like the game takes so long to run just because it's lagging. Have you tried closing all the other redundant programs running before you start the game?

7. LukeA

LukeA

Make sure you have no background programmes running. Also check for any spyware that could slow your PC down.

Thats all I can think of.

8. japple

japple Thread Starter

ok well ill try it out and get back if it doesnt work, thanks.

9. japple

japple Thread Starter

Tried closing down everything and running the game but it still doesn't work. When I look at my processes, i see it running and the CPU usage for the game jumps from around 0%-27% but nothing happens.

Then i get an error message that says "Unable to authenticate original disc within time limit."

any ideas whats happening?

10. endri

endri

Are you sure you have an original cd-rom? Or you have a copy and gived the original to any friend?

11. japple

japple Thread Starter

no, i have the original CD, not a burned copy or anything. Any ideas still on why Im getting that error message? I dont understand why this is happening... my computer specs are more than powerful enough to run the game.

12. LukeA

LukeA

Have you given a copy to a friend, because they may have used the CD key. Shouldnt effect it though. Cant think why that is happening.

13. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    Hmm... can't be that old... I would suggest the compatibility method but the game doesn't seem to be old enough..

14. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!