1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Pro Tools 7.3 on Vista

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by defLemonKid, Sep 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. defLemonKid

defLemonKid Thread Starter

Is anyone familiar with running Pro Tools on vista??
    I reciently got a replacement laptop from Dell with vista. My old machine had xp and now my software will not work.
    It says i need XP to install it. I am entitled to a free download of the newer version (7.3 to 7.4) but because of the replacement machine the processor is not fast enough to cope with this version. Is there any way round this to get 7.3 working on vista (i've tried compatability mode which allows me to install it but i get error messages when i try to run the software)

2. Old Rich

Old Rich

What is it that you think Pro TOols will do for you?

3. defLemonKid

I am a studying music tech and production and its what we use in the college so i need it for project work and such

4. Chrismichael

Chrismichael

I don't think there is a way around this, other than upgrading your machine. There has been quite a few apps I have found that fail in Vista, such as Cubase 3.5 Wavelab.

5. defLemonKid

I had a feeling upgrading was my only option which is a bit on the difficult side being as i'm currently a poor broke student :(

I had been running cubase sx3 in vista with no trouble until i tried using the MBox as an audio interface and now i keep getting Unknown Error Messages.
    I've been considering a downgrade to XP as another option

6. Chrismichael

Chrismichael

If your getting error messages while using your Mbox (although I have never used one) keep checking your sound card config. Had a real headache connecting a older box to a Vista machine that was eventually solved by playing with the Card options.

7. defLemonKid

I had been trying the settings in the "sounds" menu in the control panel but still had no luck. Cud cubase be having trouble with the updated drivers for vista??

8. Chrismichael

Chrismichael

Yeah that sounds like the issue, are you using a pro soundcard?

9. defLemonKid

no, just the onboard Sound card

10. Chrismichael

Chrismichael

Was reading some boards but cant find anything about compadibillity and your box, I can tell you that the answer is in the config of your onboard card and making cubase agree with it.

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/754307

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice