Pro Tools 7.3 on Vista

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

defLemonKid

Is anyone familiar with running Pro Tools on vista??
I reciently got a replacement laptop from Dell with vista. My old machine had xp and now my software will not work.
It says i need XP to install it. I am entitled to a free download of the newer version (7.3 to 7.4) but because of the replacement machine the processor is not fast enough to cope with this version. Is there any way round this to get 7.3 working on vista (i've tried compatability mode which allows me to install it but i get error messages when i try to run the software)

defLemonKid

I am a studying music tech and production and its what we use in the college so i need it for project work and such

I don't think there is a way around this, other than upgrading your machine. There has been quite a few apps I have found that fail in Vista, such as Cubase 3.5 Wavelab.

defLemonKid

I had a feeling upgrading was my only option which is a bit on the difficult side being as i'm currently a poor broke student :(

I had been running cubase sx3 in vista with no trouble until i tried using the MBox as an audio interface and now i keep getting Unknown Error Messages.
I've been considering a downgrade to XP as another option

If your getting error messages while using your Mbox (although I have never used one) keep checking your sound card config. Had a real headache connecting a older box to a Vista machine that was eventually solved by playing with the Card options.

defLemonKid

I had been trying the settings in the "sounds" menu in the control panel but still had no luck. Cud cubase be having trouble with the updated drivers for vista??

Was reading some boards but cant find anything about compadibillity and your box, I can tell you that the answer is in the config of your onboard card and making cubase agree with it.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online