1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Probable Virus - Scanning has encountered a problem

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by dapper_dave77, Aug 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dapper_dave77

dapper_dave77 Thread Starter

Need help. I searched for a thread on this...please redirect me if there is one. I belive the pc is infected. McAfee virus scan will not run "scanning has encountered a problem". I tried using other tools but this virus seems to block them from use. I am not much of a tech guy but you guys were able to help me in the past...which was awesome. Sure would appreciate some help before I cave and do a reinstall.

Cannot run Hijack this..when I tried to it shut down, when I try to er-run I get an error message "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permission to access the item."

I even installed in Safe Mode and tried to run it, same result. Would surely appreciate anu help.

Thanks,

Dave

2. dapper_dave77

Was able to run Symantec online scan. Results were:

Virus Status: Infected!
    Your computer is infected with at least one known threat.
    Virus Status: Unknown
    The Scan was unable to determine your vulnerability status.

184950 files scanned, 15 file(s) infected on your disk drives.

No viruses were detected in memory.

Your computer is free of known threats. Virus Detection does not check compressed files.

Your computer appears safe for now. For real-time protection from viruses, hackers and privacy threats, upgrade to Norton Internet Security™.

The scan was cancelled before finishing. To restart the scan, click here.

Your computer is free of known threats. Virus Detection does not check compressed files.

Your computer appears safe for now. For real-time protection from viruses, hackers and privacy threats, upgrade to Norton Internet Security™.

Search for the name of the threat(s) listed below on the Symantec Security Response site for removal information.

Warning! The scan detected a virus that is active in your computer's memory.
    The scan ended to prevent further infection.

You should shut down your computer immediately and restart it with an antivirus rescue disk or similar tool.

Your computer is infected with at least one known virus or Trojan horse.

Search for the name of the threat(s) listed below on the Symantec Security Response site for removal information.

Your computer is infected with at least one known virus or Trojan horse.

Note: The scan was cancelled before finishing. There may be more infected files on this computer.

A scan has not been run. To start Virus Detection, click here.

C:\WINDOWS\system32\net.net is infected with Downloader
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\UAChrjuocdcxx.dll is infected with Packed.Generic.200
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\UACtjsobohkve.dll is infected with Trojan.Metajuan
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\UACbgdktmaumm.sys is infected with Backdoor.Tidserv
    C:\Documents and Settings\Dave\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\W5W9I7KV\xp[1].swf is infected with Trojan.Swifi
    C:\Documents and Settings\Dave\Local Settings\Temp\prun.tmp is infected with Downloader
    C:\Documents and Settings\Dave\Local Settings\Temp\rasvsnet.tmp is infected with Trojan.Fakeavalert
    C:\Documents and Settings\Dave\Local Settings\Temp\rneosxwmac.tmp is infected with Trojan.Fakeavalert
    C:\Documents and Settings\Dave\Local Settings\Temp\UAC9508.tmp is infected with Packed.Generic.200
    C:\Documents and Settings\Dave\Local Settings\Temp\UAC9641.tmp is infected with Packed.Generic.200
    C:\Documents and Settings\Dave\Local Settings\Temp\UACaaf2.tmp is infected with Packed.Generic.200
    C:\Documents and Settings\Dave\Local Settings\Temp\UACab01.tmp is infected with Backdoor.Tidserv!inf
    C:\Documents and Settings\Dave\Local Settings\Temp\UACb802.tmp is infected with Packed.Generic.205
    C:\Documents and Settings\Dave\Local Settings\Temp\wcerxasonm.tmp is infected with Downloader
    C:\Documents and Settings\Dave\Local Settings\Temp\xpre.tmp is infected with Downloader

3. dapper_dave77

How do I close this thread? I gave up and did a reinstall. I am dealing with reinstall issues in another forum....sweet ! lol. If an admin sees this ....feel free to close thread.

Thanks

PS. a nasty virus for sure

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/856594

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice