1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Probably a dumb RAM question...

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Versani, Sep 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Versani

Versani Thread Starter

But I was just reading up on my computer, and I was aware I have 1GB of RAM, but then additional specs say...

"The 1 GB of installed RAM (PC3200) is a good start for this multimedia-centric desktop PC, but you'll want to take advantage of the ultra-roomy 4 GB of total RAM capacity (4 x 1 GB) for such multimedia needs as video editing and immersive 3D gaming."

I was just wondering if that means I'd have to buy additional RAM or it's already in my computer somehow, and there's a way to access it? And yes, I know nothing about computers. :(

EDIT: this is also the computer I have http://www.amazon.com/Pavilion-Dual-Core-Processor-LightScribe-SuperMulti/dp/B000E1D9BW

2. peck1234

peck1234

yes you need to buy more, and take notice that if your running of a 32bit version of vista or xp your computer can only use 3gigs....

Soo if your 32 bit buy 2 gigs + ur one

If your 64 bit..... put in as much as you can!

Here go to www.crucial.com

pick your exact model and they will tell you what stuff you can get

3. Compiler

Compiler

If you're running XP and doing mostly web-browsing and checking youre email - 1GB is enough.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!