Probably broke my old computer so need a new one.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

ChopperTom

I probably broke my old cyber power computer today but it’s super old like from 2012 and I need a new one unless I can fix my old one. I am looking for a cheaper PC under $700 because I’m leaving for the military in a few months so I’m not looking to spend a fortune. I am looking to run games like csgo, pubg, warframe, war thunder even if on the lowest graphics I just want it to be playable. I don’t know anything about parts or building stuff but I have friends who do so either pre built or easy to install would be best for me. Thanks for any help.

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
That's decent specs for $500.00.
However, a processor with more "horsepower" and an extra 8 GB of RAM may be needed for gaming.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Out of the games he mentioned, the one with the highest requirements was PUBG:

Google: pubg requirements
PUBG minimum system requirements
Processor: Intel Core i3-4340 / AMD FX-6300.
Memory: 6 GB RAM.
Graphics: Nvidia GeForce GTX 660 2GB / AMD Radeon HD 7850 2GB.
DirectX: Version 11.
Network: Broadband Internet connection.
Storage: 30 GB available space.

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
I'm not a hardware/gaming expert, so it's just my 2 cents worth of advice.

When it comes to gaming, I always suggest "recommended" requirements and not "minimum" requirements.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Know what you mean. That's why what I had recommended contained an Intel Core i5, 8GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB HD, and a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 with 4GB GDDR5 RAM.

I probably broke my old cyber power computer today but it’s super old like from 2012 and I need a new one unless I can fix my old one. I am looking for a cheaper PC under $700 because I’m leaving for the military in a few months so I’m not looking to spend a fortune. I am looking to run games like csgo, pubg, warframe, war thunder even if on the lowest graphics I just want it to be playable. I don’t know anything about parts or building stuff but I have friends who do so either pre built or easy to install would be best for me. Thanks for any help.
Before you assume the present PC is broke, why not describe the issue your having, when it started and what the circumstances were (power failure etc.). Perhaps we can get the thing working again for you if we knew more information about the issue your having. No post, no display on the monitor, beeping sounds during start up that kind of stuff. Maybe all you need is a new power supply. OEM systems are known for using inferior supplies to increase they're profit margin. But sometimes when a cheap supply blows it can cause a power spike which takes out the motherboard as well.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online