1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Probably the most obscure question you've seen.

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by hellyeah17, Sep 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. hellyeah17

hellyeah17 Thread Starter

This is kind of an odd request.. But is there anyway that you can make it so your music output can be played on your music input? Example. I play a song in Winamp or any audio program.. I want that song to come out as what I'm recording on my microphone. So if I play a song, and go into sound recorder and click record, what will come out is the music I'm playing. Again, I know. Odd. But if anyone can help me with this, I'd be very greatful :D.

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Connect the LINE-OUT to the MIC connection on the audio card. Radio Shack should have the 3 wire 2.5mm cable to do the trick.

3. hellyeah17

Hmm.. I have this thing that is used to connect the mic on my card to a mic on the speaker. Basically, a mic extention cord. This should work right? I tried it, but no luck yet.. Maybe it needs some fiddling and such.

4. hellyeah17

I'm not sure what's up.. I put my Line-In on highest =/ And it still won't work. Any suggestions?

5. hellyeah17

I think the problem is that it's only 2 wire.. And I need 3 I suppose =/.

6. hellyeah17

I'm guessing there's no program that can do what I'm asking, right? ^^;

7. hellyeah17

Bump =/

8. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Good point about the mic being mono and using the stereo jack. How about a cheap second sound card? Then you'll have a speaker out and a line in, as long as you connect everything correctly. :)

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/272902

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice