1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Probem formatting RTF's t Word 2000 doc.

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by Simon Peter, Mar 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Simon Peter

Simon Peter Thread Starter

Ater importing an RTF file. I open the file in word and use the page setup to adjust the margins and page size. If I press enter to move a portion of the line of text to the next line it moves the next line down as well and only enters that portion of text that was moved on a line by itself. Also the when the margins are set it only moves the text to the left margin setting. I have looked in tools and options but unable to find the correct setting.

2. EBSchrader

EBSchrader

It's possible that the person who created the RTF used hard returns at the end of the lines, in which case, what you are attempting to do isn't possible. I have run into this problem many times with beginners, especially. They want to treat their computer like a typewriter and hit *return* at the end of each line. You can work with this problem by entering a space after the portion you moved down, and then hit *delete* to close the gap.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/698131

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice