1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

problem accessing certain webpages from networked computer

Discussion in 'Networking' started by dm3kka, Aug 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dm3kka

dm3kka Thread Starter

What the network consists of:

1 host computer running windows xp
    1 laptop running windows xp
    1 hub

The problem:

I am able to share files between the computers and access webpages perfectly fine on the host computer. On the networked laptop I am able to share files and visit certain websites such as hotmail, download.com, msn.ca, etc. I am not able to visit websites such as candystand.com, yahoo.com, etc. Is there a way that I can fix this problem?? Please help :(

2. SecretAgentW

SecretAgentW

Do you have the latest updates and service packs for IE6 on your laptop as well as your desktop? Run Windows update to be sure.

Please go to http://www.tomcoyote.org/hjt/, and download 'Hijack This!'.
    Unzip, doubleclick HijackThis.exe, and hit "Scan".

When the scan is finished, the "Scan" button will change into a "Save Log" button.
    Press that, save the log as a .txt file, and copy and paste its contents into your next post.

Most of what it lists will be harmless, so do not fix anything yet. I don't know how to read it :)p) but others here do and may find something that could be causing this.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/152578

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice