Problem accessing particular website.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

pocketrockets

Hi all.
This is my first post here, I hope someone can help with this problem.

OK. Up until 2 weeks ago I was able to access the website www.24surfpro.com with no problem at all. Now I cannot access it with any normal browser or from any network with my laptop, I just get time outs or 'HOST NOT ACCESSIBLE' errors in the case of firefox. ( I can still access it throught torpark and through web based proxies like vtunnel etc..)

I cannot remember changing any settings that might have this effect, although It's not impossible to believe that I might have inadvertadly done something stupid after a couple of beers at some point!:rolleyes:

Any ideas?

OS Name Microsoft Windows XP Professional
Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2 Build 2600
System Manufacturer Acer
System Model Aspire 5500

pocketrockets

etaf said:
have a look in restricted sites in IE settings

also Have a look at yours HOSTS file
http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/hosts.htm

it maybe a problem with your ISP
Hi Etaf, thanks for the reply.:)

I have no restricted sites.

Maybe I should have been a bit clearer but this is happening on any network (any one of 5 different isps that I've tried in three different locations) and from any browser (firefox, ie, opera, ace explorer, netscape) other than those going through a proxy it would seem. My first thought was the hosts file but I have checked it and eliminated it I think (removed it from the loop by changing the name).

I am convinced the problem is local to my machine and probably has a rediculously simple solution but it does not appear to be the hosts file as far as I can make out, if there is still a possibility that it is the host file I would love to be proved wrong.... it's really annoying me!:confused: .

Have you tried to flush the DNS cache?
Start> Run> type: cmd then hit OK.
At the command prompt, type: ipconfig /flushdns then hit Enter.
You should receive the message that they were flushed successfully.

pocketrockets

Augie65 said:
Have you tried to flush the DNS cache?
Start> Run> type: cmd then hit OK.
At the command prompt, type: ipconfig /flushdns then hit Enter.
You should receive the message that they were flushed successfully.
Thanks Augie65, no I hadn't thought of that.
I tried it with and without a reboot, it didn't work though.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts