1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Problem: Acer revo 1080p output with HDMI

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by baryonic, Apr 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. baryonic

baryonic Thread Starter

Hi,

I recently purchased Acer Aspire Revo 3610 to connect it to my Sony kdl-46w5100 using HDMI. The setup works perfectly except when I switch the youtube videos at 1080p (or even hulu at hi-res and full screen). I upgraded the flash to 10.1rc and it makes 720p much smoother but the problem is that for 1080p the signal goes on and off and the lcd goes black and then back to video again every second.

Also if I use the VGA ports of Acer and my TV there are no hiccups and the video is smooth even at the highest resolution. So, it means the computer is capable of displaying 1080p web videos.

I thought the problem could be with the HDMI cable but it works great with my PS3 (games and blu-ray). And it can even play 1080p .mkv file using Media player classic on Acer.

I am at complete loss as to what could be causing this problem. Any ideas anyone??

Thanks

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/915989

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice