1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Problem after installing a new MOBO

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself (Not Computer-Related)' started by James7, Jan 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. James7

James7 Thread Starter

I just bought an AMD 64bit x2 processer along with a new motherboard and after switching it with the old one and starting up windows gets to the point just before the login screen and cuts out the reboots. No idea whats happening, anyone got a clue

I'm running XP Pro and it worked fine when it was on the other MOBO and all the bios stuff seems to be fine.

Thanks in advance
    James

2. linskyjack

linskyjack

Does your MOBO have any diagnostic lights or beeps? Usually you can find them in the manual. I would also make sure that my RAM and all cards are seated properly---

3. James7

James7 Thread Starter

Ok I found out what the problem was, The hard drive was loading up with the drivers for the old hardware. I fixed this problem by reinstalling windows over the the current one (which has left me with another problem but I'll post that in windowsXP forum).

Thanks

4. nomaan

nomaan

switching mobos 99 time out of 100, will leave you with boot errors. a re-install is the only sane option, otherwise you'll be spending hours trying to fix the mess.

5. xico

xico

Yeah, good advice. (y)

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/432681

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice