1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Problem after reformat ME

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by airdale, Sep 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. airdale

airdale Thread Starter

Hi Everyone
    My friend Re formated ME
    Now she receives an error :Explorer has caused an error in
    WMPDXM.DLL restart computer
    What could cause this problem and how to correct it.
    She has a dell 128 ram and ME OS.
    She can not get into My Computer or any shortcuts after re format

any help would be appreciated.

Airdale

2. TheJoost

TheJoost

Probably the best thing to do would be to try System Restore and go back to a point before the WMP9 upgrade or you could re-install WinMe and DO NOT upgrade to Windows Media Player 9 as it is a bloated piece of you know what that causes all types of issues! :mad: There is an accepted fix for this if you want to keep WMP9 on your system though. Go to Start\Search\Files and Folders and find the wmpdxm.dll file and right click on it and rename it wmpdxm.dll2 and do the same for a file called msdxm.ocx and rename it to msdxm.ocx2 and reboot. :D

3. airdale

airdale Thread Starter

Joost
    The only restore point is the time of the reinstall OS.
    Thanks for the info

Airdale

4. pc_rej_pc

pc_rej_pc

Try to download wmpdxm.dll from "www.webzila.com/dll" and save it to C:\Windows\System.

5. Bbatman

Bbatman

Just wanted to thank you for providing the information on the WMPDXM.DLL error I was recieving. I followed your advice and am now able to open My Documents, My Computer, etc. from the desktop. Again, thank you.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/168180

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice