1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Problem after updating to Xp Pro.

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by MEbeME, Jan 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. MEbeME

MEbeME Thread Starter

Hey All. I just updated my Win 2k computer to Xp Pro and everything is fine. Except...I have just found out that USB Flash Discs no longer work on the computer since i put XP on. It shows up as found new hardware and recognizes the device but it does not show in my computer and i cant access it.

If any one helps, i would really appreciate it.

2. cgesicki

cgesicki

3. MEbeME

MEbeME Thread Starter

yes i do have sp2 installed.

That does not really help me

4. bbearren

bbearren

Open Device Manager and under Universal Serial Bus controllers uninstall all devices and hubs, and then reboot.

5. MEbeME

MEbeME Thread Starter

where is device manager?

6. Billy the Adult

Billy the Adult

Double Click...Control Panel (classic view), System, Hardware Tab, Device manager.

7. MEbeME

MEbeME Thread Starter

there is no option for uninstall all devices and hubs in device manager

8. Iceworx

Iceworx

Device manager under Universal Serial Bus controllers right click on the ones you wish to uninstall, and click Uninstall.

9. Billy the Adult

Billy the Adult

Go back to where you were.. Click the + beside USB Controllers.. then right click on the individual devices and you will see a window with the uninstall option.

10. MEbeME

MEbeME Thread Starter

there is no uninstall option there

11. bbearren

bbearren

Yes, there is. It's the third option down on the menu that opens when you right-click on any one of the USB devices.

12. MEbeME

MEbeME Thread Starter

WHAT HAPPENED!

I did the uninstall thing and now i can no longer connect to the Internet through that computer. I was connected through a usb router stick which receives the connection from the computer i am on currently.

The connection is no longer set up now and I dont know how to. The people who installed my net set it up.

HELP!

13. Iceworx

Iceworx

First you have to see if you have a CD with the drivers for the USB device, if you do just pop it in and install them, you can either do it if it has an automatic set up with the CD,
    or you can go to the device manager, right click on Yellow question mark ( you clicked on it to uninstall it but it didnt have a yellow question mark ) and then click install drivers > then make it search in your CD drive for them to install them, OR
    You can give me the Device Name / Model and i will directly link you the drivers for it.

14. MEbeME

MEbeME Thread Starter

It can find my network but I don't know how to connect it.

15. techy689

techy689

go to microsoft.com then look for security and updates on the right pane. next select microsoft update. accept all the security prompts, and then when ure finally about to search for updates select custom. Then once the update search is complete select all the high-priority, optional, and hardware. this way u will be getting all the new updates.

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/536974

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice