Problem after updating to Xp Pro.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

MEbeME

yeah i could do that. Except not I HAVE NO INTERNET!!!! on that computer

MEbeME

the netgear wg111 finds the connection but i have no idea how to connect to it?

MEbeME

s4baz said:
go to microsoft.com then look for security and updates on the right pane. next select microsoft update. accept all the security prompts, and then when ure finally about to search for updates select custom. Then once the update search is complete select all the high-priority, optional, and hardware. this way u will be getting all the new updates.
ok i fixed the net and diod that. The only hardware there is Intel - Networking - Intel(R) PRO/100 VE Desktop Connection.

should i get it?

MEbeME

Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jeeze. Calm down.

Have you considered downloading the USB drivers from the manufacturers web-site. Then copy them to a disc and install them on the troubled computer?

MEbeME

how do I do that. Please tell me how to find out who my manufacturer is.

Well you could try to download drivers for the USB device itself. Whatever the company who made the USB device that you are trying to use.

Or, you could goto the web-site of the company who made your PC. Whether it be Dell, Compaq, etc. and download any chipset or misc. drivers they have available.

MEbeME

I bought the PC if IBM but on the inside it has this:
Intel 815
FW82815
F0411F67
SL 4DP

MEbeME

It has two in usb in device manager:

Intel 82801BA/BAM USB UNIVERSAL HOST CONTROLLER - 2442
and
USB Root Hub

Go to the IBM Website . . download and install the chipset and USB drivers ( if listed separately )

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online