Problem after updating to Xp Pro.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.
For a system that old, XP should have loaded all the drivers . . did you install XP over the top of Win2000 or do a clean install? Did the usb ports work with Win2000?

MEbeME

Yes they worked fine with 2000. I did it over the top of 2000.

They still work as they find the usb but do not show them in my computer. I am connected to the internet on this computer through a USb receiving the signal from a wireless router and it works fine.

Help.

Installing XP over the top of an existing Operting System can be problematic . . less so with Win 2K since they are so much alike, but still will carryforward any problems to the new Operating System

MEbeME

There was no problems with 2000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MEbeME

ok I did this:

"I had this problem with my NT machine at work. It sounds like its the same thing.

The Drive letter that the iRiver is trying to use is already assigned to a different drive. All you need to do is tell the machine to give the iriver a different drive letter...... in XP, you would

Goto control panel
Open up Administrative Tools
Open up Computer Management
Click on Disk Management (near the bottom)

This will show you all the drives on your PC.... including the iriver....

Right click the iriver drive and ;

click on "Change Drive letter"

If there isnt a driver letter already assigned to it, then click new and choose a new unused letter. If there is a drive letter assigned to it, click change, and choose a different unused drive letter.

Hope this works for you..... let us know if it did.

Cheers
Fin."

Now When I click open in word, excel,m powerpoint etc, i can get into the USB. I still can not see it in My Computer. And there is still no way i can save songs on it

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online