1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

problem attacking in WoW!!

Discussion in 'Games' started by sweetsammy06, Nov 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. sweetsammy06

sweetsammy06 Thread Starter

I have recently brought WoW and have installed it on my laptop and that was fine i also downloaded the updates fine the graphics are fine and sound is great and i can move my character around fine too but the only problem is that when i right click to attack a target nothing happens! i can select a target by left clicking but i cant attack! and i also cannot interact with NPC and get any quests its so frustrating as i cant level up if i cant attack anything please help me:(

2. EdtheRed

EdtheRed

Does the RMB work ok in other environments (i.e in the windows desktop etc)?

The only things I can think of would be either the RMB is broken (in which case it wouldn't work anywhere), an extremely unlikely driver issue, or you've got some settings in WoW incorrect. Try looking in the controls options in the WoW menu, see if you've got the RMB bound to something random.

Edit: Just re-read and you're using a laptop, are you using the touchpad or a separate mouse?

3. sweetsammy06

yeah im using a touchpad oh god is it becasue im using a touchpad!

4. EdtheRed

EdtheRed

Well, I wouldn't want to play on a touchpad anyhow (just out of personal preference), but it shouldn't remove use of the RMB like that.

Does it work outside of WoW?

5. sweetsammy06

yep! it works outside of WoW!

6. EdtheRed

EdtheRed

Ok, try looking in the controls options in the WoW menu, see if you've got the RMB bound to something that isn't attack/interact.

7. sweetsammy06

do you mean in the control panel? or do i click on the WoW icon as if i was going to play it?

8. EdtheRed

EdtheRed

Press Esc when ingame, and somewhere in the menu that comes up should be "Options" somewhere within that should hopefully be a controls menu. I can't remember exactly, haven't played WoW in a looong time.

9. sweetsammy06

oh i see what you mean! i remember that it has video and sound options? then a control menu should come up right where there's lots of boxes that are either checked or unchecked right? so what box do i look out for?

10. EdtheRed

EdtheRed

There should be a menu that has "bound" keys, see whether your RMB is bound to anything in there.

11. sweetsammy06

bound keys? is it on the options menu the menu that appears when you press ESC?

12. EdtheRed

EdtheRed

It's in there somewhere, I can't remember exactly where, but it's there.

13. sweetsammy06

ok! ill try and look for that if i cant find it ill have a browse around the different menu's and then i look for RMB then what do i do? do i have to uncheckanything?

14. EdtheRed

EdtheRed

Well, basically, look through your bound keys, and see what your right mouse button is bound to, and if it's something other than attack/interact, then you need to change it to that.

Do this by clicking on the bind for attack interact (whatever's there atm) and then pressing the rmb, that should change it so that your rmb is bound to attack/interact.

15. sweetsammy06

ok ill try that THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH!!!!
    ill brb im gonna try and look for that options menu and bound keys :D
    oh one more questions what do i do if it already bound to attack/interact????

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/646755

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice