1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Problem Backing Up To Flash Drive

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by Dave45, Dec 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Dave45

Dave45 Banned Thread Starter

I use Microsoft Money 2004 to keep track of my household and personal expenses and I also use a flash drive to back-up my financial database in case of disaster and I am experiencing a problem that has me scratching my head.

Microsoft Money automatically backs up the database to a location on my hard drive every time I exit the program. I also do a 'manual' back-up to a flash drive about once a week and this is where the problem comes up.

I am using a San Disc 4 Gig 'Cruzer' U3 type flash drive. I have disabled the U3 function on the flash drive. Whenever I try to back-up my financial data base Microsoft Money gives me a message that the 'floppy disc in 'F' drive is full, please insert a second disc to finish the back-up'. If I simply click on 'Continue' the program supposedly finishes the back-up.

The compressed size of the database as reported by my Microsoft Money program is 600 Meg and I have 2.5 Gig free on my flash drive so I can't figure out why I would be getting this message but I am very concerned as to the security of my back-ups.

I have checked all of the settings in Microsoft Money and I can't see anything amiss.

I have several questions:

1) Why am I seeing this message?

2) What has happened to cause this message?

3) Is this a problem? IE: Do I think I have a back-up but in reality I don't have a back-up?

4) How do I fix this problem or do I just go ahead and ignore it?

Thanks!

2. TacticalSniper

TacticalSniper

Well, IMO first step would be to make sure that your flash drive indeed has the letter F. Maybe it changed from the last time you've backed up?

Also, if you don't have anything important on the flash drive, you could format it. If you have Windows Vista and up - you could format it with NTFS partition type.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/885115

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice