problem ?? BOOTING

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

bac0926

I am not sure if I have a problem or not.
I just replaced my wd20g hard drive with a Maxtor
200g. I am running window 98se on a 2.00 gigahertz Intel Celeron processorWith an Intel D845GVSR mb.
Previously, with the 20gig drive, when I started up or restarted I would get a blank screen then get the Window’s 98 start up menu. Now when I do on the blank screen I get in the upper left hand corner a blinking cursor.
After a about 5 to 10 seconds I get the Windows 98 screen.
Is this cause for concern?

Hi,

I don't think it is a cause for concern - I seem to remember that this happened on my 98se machine and never resulted in a problem.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online