1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Problem burning a cd

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by hhendrix, Apr 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. hhendrix

hhendrix Thread Starter

I am honestly not sure if this should go here...but I have a friend who has a dell computer with XP home edition installed. When she burns a cd of music (using nero 6) the cd is not recognized after the burn is complete. I burned a music cd on her machine and immediately played it in the machine (using musicmatch). Then I played the same cd on my computer using winamp. When I tried to play it in her computer it would not recognize the cd. Kept saying "Please insert cd". I then went and installed winamp on her machine and was able to play it. But she cannot play the cd in her car. Anyone got any ideas? Thanks :confused:

2. sir_comp

sir_comp

First off make sure it is not a RW CD. Also there could be a problem with the burner. If it is the only CD ROM device onthe computer it should assuming that the computer uses (IDE) be on the secondary IDE channel and be the master device rather then slave. THis is assuming that you are dealing with one hard drive and one CD R ROM DRIVE.

3. hhendrix

hhendrix Thread Starter

There is a dvd burner on the machine also.
    And the cd is a CD-R.
    And oh goodness...I do not like looking on the inside :)

4. LONGHAIR

LONGHAIR

Are you sure the CD was "Finalized"?
    Make sure the settings are for "Disc at once" instaed of "Multisession"

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/218080

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice