Problem burning discs with Nero suddenly

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Elviza

Hi,

I am real confused! I had two drives on my computer already- one was a dvd-rom drive and the other was a cd burner. I had successfully burned CD's using windows media player, Realplayer and Nero. Recently I thought I had upgraded by buying myself a DVD burner after I had trouble with my CD burner a couple times, so now I have the DVD ROM drive and the DVD burner drive. Well, I can still burn CD's from media player and Realplayer, but my Nero, which I exclusively used to make disc-to-disc copies (I haven't even figured out whether you can make a library in Nero of all your music but never bothered since I have the other players that work) is being weird.

First let me say that I am a bellydancer so I use my burner very frequently to make performance discs with mixes of songs from different cd's- I'm not stealing music. I use the disc-to-disc (meaning one cd in one drive the blank in another) feature to quickly make a copy of a cd that I want to have a back-up of (like all my bellydance CD's that I don't want to carry around to use in my classes because I've already ruined several!!), and which I don't necessarily want to load into my computer to take up space and memory. Suddenly Nero will only allow me to place the disc I want to copy into the DVD BURNER, create an image of what I want to copy, then I have to put the blank disc in the same drive and have it burn onto there. To top it all off, if you say 'burn same project again', the image is no longer there so you'd have to reload the whole CD again!! This is certainly not the timesaver it once was, and I cannot understand why this is happening. It makes no sense! HELP!:(

First off, to solve the disk image being deleted.

When you start the wizard in nero, and select "Copy CD" , click on the "copy options" tab and make sure the "on the fly" option is unchecked. Then click on the "image" tab, and uncheck the "delete image file after cd copy" option on the bottom.

Next, to change the source drive, click on the "copy options" tab and select the source drive in the drop down menu.

To change change which burner your burning to, cancle the wizard, then click "recorder" off the top menu and select "choose recorder Ctl+R".

When you close Nero, these preferences will be saved, so it'll be set next time you copy a disk.

Elviza

Thanx so much, Daniel- it seems to be working now, albeit seemingly slower than it used to- I did not recall that it still 'created an image' from the one disc to then burn to the blank-- guess I thought both discs spun simultaneously like a cassette tape would at the same time as the blank tape that's copying it but maybe I was wrong. Whatever the case at least I can put in both discs at once and not have to sit there watching it waiting to swap out discs into the same drive! :eek:

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online