1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Problem burning file to 4.7gb SL DVD

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by ccgegg, Jan 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ccgegg

ccgegg Thread Starter

Tried searching for an answer.....
    I'm trying to burn a 4.3gb file to a single layer DVD. I'm new to this and have learned that 4.7 capacity actually means 4.37-4.38 usable capacity. I get a message that my file is 320k over capacity. What's puzzling is that my friend can successfully burn this same file to the same DVD on his system. So I guess that means the problem is either my DVD burner or the software I'm using. I've successfully burned CDs before, so the burner works. I'm using the DVD burner software that comes with Windows Vista. And I don't have my laptop in front of me, but the CD/DVD burner is the standard one on a Dell Inspiron 1520, about 2 years old. (sorry if that isn't specific)

Do you think the problem is the software I'm using? My friend successfully uses Nero 7, but before I go buy it, I was wondering if the software could affect the usable capacity of a DVD.

2. johnebadbak

johnebadbak

in nero options special features setting to "overburn"

3. joeten

joeten

you could try dvd flick price free

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/792538

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice