1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Problem Burning JPEGs to DVD

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by mfletcher35, Jan 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. mfletcher35

mfletcher35 Thread Starter

Hi everyone! I am new to this message board.

I have probably a couple thousand JPEGs on my hard drive that I uploaded from my digital camera, and now I would like to burn these JPEGs to a DVD. (I would prefer burning them to one DVD as opposed to six or seven CDs.)

I have a Compaq Presario 3200 that came with Windows XP, a DVD-Writer/CD-Writer combo that came in the top drawer, and a preloaded program called "Sonic Record Now" version 6.7.0.

I have used the Record Now program to burn JPEGs to CD and had no problem. I just inserted a Memorex DVD-RW 4.7 gig and tried to burn about 3 gig of pictures onto it. A popup window keeps telling me to insert a blank DVD. I tried a couple more new DVDs but it keeps doing the same thing.

What am I doing wrong? Should I be using DVD-R instead of DVD-RW? Is the Sonic Record Now program no good for what I am trying to do? If so, any suggestions of any other programs I could use? You can burn JPEGs or any other data onto a DVD, can't you?

I am not trying to record video or a slideshow or anything like that. Just plain old JPEGs that were uploaded from my digital camera.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Mark

2. mrcoons

mrcoons

It appears to me from what you've said that you've put the wrong type of disk in. You said your disk is a DVD-RW and from what I see about the Compaq Presario 3200 it has a DVD+ drive which means you need to get a DVD+RW or a DVD+R. If you put the wrong type of media in you just get a message telling you to insert a disk, it won't tell you that the one you've inserted is incorrect.

I made the same mistake when I bought my first DVD burner! Now I have one of each format!

3. mfletcher35

Thanks, mrcoons. I didn't realize there was a difference. I'll have to pick up a box of DVD+RW on the way home from work tomorrow and give it a try.

Mark

4. mrcoons

mrcoons

No problem. Let us all know how it goes.

5. mfletcher35

I'm happy to report that I burned my JPEGs onto a DVD+RW tonight and everything went perfect. Thanks once again for your help mrcoons.

6. mrcoons

mrcoons

Great! Glad I could help.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!