1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

problem cd reading photo disc, etc.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by cspain, Jan 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cspain

cspain Thread Starter

I am using XP and have a DVD-RW/CDRW drive and it is having problems. It will read and play a DVD, it will read and play an audio CD, it will also start up a program CD and it will play a CD-ROM game. It will not read a Photo Disc (both those that are produced commercially by Kodak, and a disc that I have previously burned in the same drive). It appears to be trying to read the disc, but it just can not. I also go to "explore" and click on the drive and it does not recognize the files. In addition I have tried to burn an audio disc (using XP and Nero) and I can "rip" the music, but when I put a blank disc in it does not recognize the disc. Is this a hardware or software problem?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/431478

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice