1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Problem changing from onboard video, to AGP.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Fooath, Jan 28, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Fooath

Fooath Thread Starter

Alright, after solving another problem I had I thought I was done with the problems. I thought too soon.

I start up the computer, everything goes fine until after windows loads. The auto install devices starts running. Finding the new hardware/software etc. When it hits the onboard video I previously had a screen pops up saying "***** is a compaq product, it will not be used". Then it has that annoying "press any key to continue". So I pushed the infernal "any" button. After that the screen goes black and freezes up. I cant seem to get the new card to work. Freezes up and does not let me do anything.

Once again I ask you all for help. And once again, thanks in advance. :)

2. $teve

$teve

did you disable the on-chip vid card in your bios?
    also....on some bobo`s there is a jumper that needs altering to do this.

3. Fooath

Fooath Thread Starter

Alright, I made a mistake. It was my onboard sound that was causing the freeze up. But I dont think it is a hardware problem so to speak. Mainly because it says it will not be used click to continue. Then it just freezes up. Sometines the top of the screen goes all messed up.

4. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

Try disabling the plug n play in the bios for the time being.....

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/66738

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice