1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Problem clicking some .exes

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by Reier, Apr 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Reier

Reier Thread Starter

Hey everyone.
    I recently got a Gateway NV5468u laptop, and it generally works pretty well.
    However, I download a few .EXEs once in a while, but when I click on certain downloads I've downloaded (to run them), it doesn't respond. Explorer locks up and says 'Not Responding'. I can sometimes get out with task manager, but sometimes I just have to reboot. It's really annoying. I can't Left or Right click on the files in question without it freezing, so I can't run/move/delete/rename etc them. Even if I can't get them to work, I don't really want useless .exe files clogging up my computer. The files I download aren't from shady sites or anything and I don't think they're malicious. Any help?
    Thanks in advance,
    Reier

2. Nebastion

Nebastion

Sup.

Download Malwarebytes. <<click < link < to < begin < download<<

Install it, update it, Restart your computer and then do a quick scan with it, and post the log Here.

Regards
    Neb.

3. Reier

Reier Thread Starter

I can't. That's one of the downloads that doesn't work... :/

4. Nebastion

Nebastion

Boot into safe mode. You should be able to then.
    Maybe put it on a disk or something, run it from the disk in safe mode, if you dont have the tinternet.

5. Reier

Reier Thread Starter

Will this interfere with my anti-virus? I'm running SecureIT.

6. Nebastion

Nebastion

Nope, This is an Anti Malware Program,

7. Reier

Reier Thread Starter

I mean will it delete some files of my AV or vice versa?

8. Nebastion

Nebastion

....... Im not sure what you mean, but its ok to run the program, it wont interfere with any other program, unless you have Malware programs on your computer which shouldnt be there anyway.

9. antech

antech Banned

These types of problems often refer to malware,viruses and spyware.
    Nebastion,
    I would better click the report button and report this thread to be moved to the malware forums where some malware removal experts would help him out.
    BTW,can you download other files like audio and video files and some softwares like "CCleaner"?

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/916074

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice