1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Problem connecting printer

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by cadwallader, Feb 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. cadwallader

cadwallader Thread Starter

A few days ago I've just bought a new Epson PhotoR200 and when I set it up the PC (Windows 98) couldn't find a connection to it, so I uninstalled then reinstalled it and the next time, it worked and I printed out some stuff. I went to print tonight and it wouldn't work again. I uninstalled it but this time, when I reinstalled it, it the pc couldn't find the connection to the printer. My old printer was connected by some scarty-looking plug in the back of the tower in a socket specifying a printer connection; this one connects via a USB socket. Would this have anything to do with it? Failing that, has anyone any ideas?

Thanks.

2. zupadupa

zupadupa

Do you have USB drivers installed for windows 98? Are you using onboard USB or do you have a seperate pci card installed?

3. cadwallader

Hmm. Not sure what you mean. My scanner is attached via a USB port, so I used the one next to it ... if that's any help.

4. zupadupa

zupadupa

have you tried connecting the printer in the same port where the scanner is to see if the printer will work? Assuming that your scanner works with that USB port. Does your scanner work?

5. cadwallader

Yeah. Makes no difference.

6. zupadupa

zupadupa

So you scanner works?

7. cadwallader

Yeah. That's what I can't understand.

8. cadwallader

Both USB ports and both USB cables work fine with the Scanner. If my PC was configured to work with the other printer via the other type of connection, could this be the problem and how could I change the connection?

9. cadwallader

It's not a problem with the printer itself; it seems to be the USB connection, although I can't understand why it worked one day bit doesn't any longer.

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/328958

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice