1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

problem connecting to wireless internet with wireless card.

Discussion in 'Networking' started by w00dy931, Apr 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. w00dy931

w00dy931 Thread Starter

i have a dell insperon 2500 from 1998 and a belkin wireless G card. i have spent about 3 hours on the phone with customer service with no success.

i installed the drivers and followed instructions and have had about 2 minutes of being connected with the rest of the time the computer is trying to "validate identity" or find a certificate to log me onto the wireless network.

if you need anymore information to solve this let me know and i will provide it

but i am not smart in computer language so i will need some instructions to find some things.

our router is a wireless n e1000 from linksys

and i need any settings i change to still work with an xbox 360 wireless n adaptor.

thanks ahead of time!

2. pedroguy

pedroguy

3. w00dy931

w00dy931 Thread Starter

thanks a ton! i think this might have worked!

4. pedroguy

pedroguy

Great:If fixed,you can mark your thread closed using the solved button top left.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/915045

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice