problem creating backup disk

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

schugeorge

I am trying to create a backup floppy, I format the disk, go thru the steps in system tools-backup. and I get message backup created, when I hit finish, I get a progress screen, after a few seconds I get the following message:
"The files for the recovery diskette could not be created. The operation was aborted". Please tell me why its doing this.
Thanx, George

schugeorge

I know I made a post a few minutes ago but perhaps I left out some info:
I am running XP. The following is a copy of the report afte failure:

:confused: Backup Status
Operation: Backup
Active backup destination: File
Media name: "Backup.bkf created 02/04/2005 at 20:47"

Backup Status :confused: :confused: :confused:
The files for the recovery diskette could not be created. The operation was aborted.

----------------------

The operation did not successfully complete. :confused:

----------------------

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
I've merged both of your threads, please post back to the same thread instead of creating another one for the same problem.

You didn't answer the question above, what exactly are you trying to do????

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online