1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Problem creating backup/recovery disks

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by zoff, Jul 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. zoff

zoff Thread Starter

Under My Computer, C:/ drive, I right click to Properties, Tools and then to Back Up Now. I went through this up to the point where it selects a backup device. My system came with a factory-installed CD WRiter / DVD-ROM. The device DOES NOT appear. Is the manufaturer so worried about cash flow that they disable my ability to make my own backup disks, so I have to pay them for the recovery/backup disks??? I'm tired of calling them because everything seems to be a software problem which is not covered by ANY warranty! I have a 14GB file waiting to be backed up to DVD. Is there a way I can finish my backup and create my recovery disks? Many thanks. :mad:

My System : [email protected]#% Laptop with CoreDuo, 1 Gb RAM, 60 Gb HD, Windows XP Pro.

2. ozrom1e

ozrom1e

For one thing I do not understand what make and model a [email protected]#% is. SO what is the make and model of your computer ?

There is usually a good reason for no recovery disk with a computer and usually a good way to make one or send you to find out how to make recovery cd.

Since your word above starts with a D we will assume it is a Dell

How Do I Create a CD Containing My Operating System with the Dell™ OS Recovery Utility?
    http://support.dell.com/support/top...rt/dsn/en/document?c=us&l=en&s=gen&dn=1091713

please read this article and if you need print for reference.

3. zoff

zoff Thread Starter

I do not have the functions described in the above link. Maybe they changed this so that you have to call them. Thanks tho.

4. ozrom1e

ozrom1e

OK then this is a Dell, I would suggest calling Dell tech support for help in this area and also you might be able to get a set of original boot disk software for your computer.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/488228

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice