Problem: Cursor Jump while Writing

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Hirnsausen

It happens in most Windows applications on my PC: I am typing a text in some text application, like NotePad, Word, or whatever, and thing everything's fine, but when I then go through the text I see that in the middle of a sentence the cursor must have jumped - without me doing anything - to a position before the text end, and continued to add the new text i am writing on that location, instead on the end of the text. And even worse: that happens multiple times! Correction takes so much time.

What's causing that? And how to solve it?

You probably have faulty keys on your keyboard.Sounds like a hardware issue. But what do you notice when you try this in the windows safe mode?

Hirnsausen

It happens, actually, on several PCs I know about: on mine, on a friend's one, and on some office PCs. suspect some sort of virus, maybe delivered once as a Word document's macro, not sure.

But your idea to try it under the Safe Mode is a good one, I will try out.

Anyone more or different ideas?

I had a laptop that the touch pad would move the cursor and do the same thing if my palm of my hand ran over it but that was on a laptop.

Hirnsausen

So many PCs have that type of strange behavior nowadays. Both, laptops and desktops. I am aware of that phenomenon only since 2 years. I still think, it might be a virus. Anyone having more background information, and solutions?

I am going to test it today in safe mode.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online