1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Problem downloading photos from Moto G7 to Dell Windows 7

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by kingherefordfarm, May 24, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kingherefordfarm

kingherefordfarm Thread Starter

I cannot get photos or videos to download to my Dell computer with Windows 7. Said there are no new photos. Now cannot even get it to show up on my computer when plugged in with USB cord. I had a Samsung phone and when I plugged that in a screen came up that gave me a choice to pick download photos but this phone doesn't give me anything. When I go to the Control Panel and choose devices the Motorola is there but when click on it it is not really showing up anything I can choose. I am not computer savy so this has got me stumped. Thanks

2. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    If you are trying to download photos from a phone to a Windows 7 computer you do it this way.
    Make sure the phone is on before you plug it into the computer. Plug the phone in. When it is recognized (you'll see a popup on the phone's screen Allow access to device data, tap Allow) open File Explore, not control panel. If an autoplay screen pops up on the computer, close it.
    Find the phone in the left pane of File Explorer and expand the triangle.
    You might have a choice of Card or phone. If the pictures are stored in the phone's memory, expand phone then expand DCIM and click on Camera.

If the pictures are stored on a card (I have an internal micro sd card for pictures, music, books, etc) expand Card, expand DCIM, and click on camera.

I never take videos so I can't help you there. Perhaps they'd also be in the DCIM/camera folder.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!