1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Problem downloading regular files off of the internet.

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Ninjitsou, Jul 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ninjitsou

Ninjitsou Thread Starter

Hey folks. It's me again. Never managed to get the Nvidia firewall uninstalled. But it's doing better. Not sure why. BUT, I have a problem when I try to download most files off of the internet. I suspect it's my Nic and that I have to update it, but I'm not sure. Whenever I download a file (like Winamp or realplayer for example), it gives me an error stating:

"The Installer you are trying to use is corrupted or incomplete.
    This could be the result of a damaged disk, a failed download or a virus.

You may want to contact the author of this installer to obtain a new copy.

It may be possible to skip this check using the /NCRC command line switch (NOT RECCOMMENDED). "

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

2. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/486220

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice