1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

problem exporting message's internet header data from OE 6

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by jaredr, Jan 24, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jaredr

jaredr Thread Starter

Summary: when exporting outlook express messages to Outlook, message's original internet header data is lost

Detail: I am trying to convert a collection of Outlook Express folders to Outlook. I am able to export all folders and original mail messages using the simple File|Export|Messages function in Outlook Express. However, when I open up an (exported) message in MS Outlook, I am unable to view any of the message's internet header data.

This is undesirable primarily because there is now no easy way (that I can figure out) to inspect the actual smtp addresses of either the messages sender or any recipients. The only way I can figure out to inspect any of the smtp addresses on a message exported from Outlook Express is to:
    1) reply all
    2) send the message
    3) Intercept the message in the outbox and the right click on addresses which have now been expanded with the actual smtp recipient.

I am Exporting from Outlook Express 6.0 into MS Outlook 2000 SR-1. The OS is Windows 2000 SP3.

Any suggestions people can offer would be appreciated. I am (attempting) to migrate from Outlook Express to MS Outlook because of corruption problems with the folders.dbx file, but it will be a tremendous handicap to lose easy access to the actual SMTP addresses of mail correspondents who were not explicitly added to an exportable address book.

I've spent much time looking through the MS Knowledge base and googling various combinations of the keywords outlook express export internet header data, but no joy

Thanks for reading,
    Jared Rosenfeld

2. jaredr

jaredr Thread Starter

you're telling me no one here has ever migrated mail from Outlook Express to Outlook and then tried to check any of the address details on mail which has been successfully moved?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/115089

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice