1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Problem finding online servers - CS:S

Discussion in 'Games' started by Aderon, Jan 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aderon

Aderon Account Closed Thread Starter

I just bought Half-Life 2 with counterstrike source and half life 2 deathmatch and after updating everything I started up the game. When I go to find servers it says nothing is showing up. Anyways I think my problem is that I have a router. I'm trying to port foward but I don't know how. The steam support offered this as a solution.

Which ports must be open in order to use Steam?

Question
    Which ports must be open in order to use Steam?

Answer

The following ports must be open in your firewall and router for Steam and Steam Games to work:
    UDP 1200 (used for friends service)
    UDP 27000 to 27015 inclusive
    TCP 27020 to 27050 inclusive
    Computers running Dedicated Servers need these ports open:
    UDP: 27015 and 27020 (default HLDS, SRCDS and HLTV port)
    TCP: 27015 (SRCDS Rcon port)
    If your server uses a different hostport then you will need to adjust the above accordingly.
    For help on port forwarding for your Router, please consult this excellent website: http://www.portforward.com.
    For assistance with your Firewall you will need to go to the support site for your particular Firewall.
    NOTE: Windows XP SP1 firewall does not require any specific configuration changes for Steam Clients to work, but for Source Dedicated Servers you must open TCP Port 27015 (or whichever port your server is using) for RCON to work!

I'm at www.portfowarding.com and I'm using the steps for my router (DI-524). The link to that router's instructions is here.

http://www.portforward.com/dlink/di-524-portforwarding.htm

I'm on step 6 and I have no idea what I'm supposed to do. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

2. Aderon

Aderon Account Closed Thread Starter

My dxdiag is too large to be posted here. But I already know I meet the requirements for the game.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/324119

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice