Solved Problem Formatting New Memory Stick

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

ebony

I purchased a 2TB stick to be able to backup a clone of my PC. I have windows10 installed. The first time I tried I attempted to create a bootable stick drive. It went through a very slow,2 days,formatting and when 100% complete told me it was unable to format the stick. I then tried a reugular formatting with Windows. It formatted the stick but left me with 127mb! What can I do to clone this stick and end up with approx. 2TB?

ebony

Thank you Henry for the quick respose. I followed the directions and everything went perfectly until the format took place. Under "virtual Disk manager" the following message"The format did not complete successfully." Same thing happened when I first tried. Any comments?

HyperHenry

Henry
OK, it's been a long time since I formatted a drive. I used Easeus Partition Manager. Here is the download link. http://www.todaysoftwarebody.com/ht...pTYuCIIeDQw7Yvz1IMwsmh8+XyJhvHFG1225J0Gca8QA=

When it starts to install it'll bring you to a page that will want to install more crap. click on the customize link and uncheck the crap. When it installs and opens you'll find your drive and try to format it from there. If that doesn't work I'll have to sdo some more research. When you install it DON"T click on the try the pro version.

ebony

I installed EasUS Partition Magic.I tried to Wipe Disk but it would not complete the operation. I could not see a format command.

HyperHenry

Henry
Does it show up in device manager? If it does try uninstalling it and then click on the name of your computer at the top and click scan for changes. I've never experienced any issue formatting a disk so I'm at a loss now.

Have you tried doing a check disk repair on that drive? Maybe theres a bad sector

managed

Allan
I backed up my c drive onto it. It seemed to work.
The fake ones overwrite the saved data over and over again so it looks like they work but in fact they do not.

Try the test in my previous post, that should show it's true size. How much did the stick cost ?

ebony

The site you mention seems to be in Germain. I don't know how to use it.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online