1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Problem getting a new graphics card to work

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Dragonrain, Apr 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Dragonrain

Dragonrain Thread Starter

I got a new graphics card, a ATI Radeon X1600 PRO AGP 512MB card and I'm having trouble getting it to work.

I got the latest bios, unplugged everything, grounded myself to the computer, installed the card into the agp slot, connected the power supply to it, then when I turned it on it didn't boot.

I tried using different monitor cables and it still doesnÂ’t work.

Any ideas?

2. Dragonrain

Dragonrain Thread Starter

If it helps any, I have a custom computer I got on ebay, it had a nividia card in it before which worked fine.

3. Kantankerous

Kantankerous

Does your power supply have enough juice? What is the power rating of your power supply?

The card supports AGP 4X and 8X but I don't know if it's able to go below 4X so if your machine is really old then you may not be able to use the card.

4. bonk

bonk Banned

When you say it didn't boot.....tell what it did do.......no beeps fans lights etc.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/564336

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice