1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Problem getting DVD drive to run

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by PCMan78, Sep 30, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PCMan78

PCMan78 Thread Starter

I build computers and every DVD drive I put into my system, I can't get it to work unless I install PowerDVD (it will work most of the time with PowerDVD, don't ask why???). Here's what I usually use:

Celeron 2.4GHz
    Biostar MOBO
    256MB RAM
    60Gb HD
    Sony 5x DVD Drive
    Windows ME

I can't get DVDs to play on these systems. I encounter the problem after a fresh install and update of most windows me patches. When I insert a DVD, WinDVD comes up and I have DLL problems or a program interacted with other one wrong. So the program just shuts down. It happens all of the time. Here is the problem that I am having currently. When I insert DVD, it opens WinDVD then says: "Syzygy has caused a problem in GPI.DLL. Syzygy will now close" and then it closes. The problem also happens with InterAct. Maybe not the same problem, but one similiar. Since it is happening on most of my systems (not the same problem, but similiar...open up and error comes up and then closes), I believe it may be some type of DVD update that I am missing. What do you guys think?

2. PCMan78

PCMan78 Thread Starter

It says after I close that syzygy has also caused an error in MFC42.DLL also.

3. PCMan78

PCMan78 Thread Starter

Am I the only one who has trouble with DVDs players? :p

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/168699

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice