1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

problem getting dvd to play anything!!!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by bopdude, Jan 22, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bopdude

bopdude Thread Starter

Hi to all, ( again )
    I have a problem with getting my dvd to play

1 DVD's I get an error box saying either dvd authentication error
    please reboot and try again.

2 something about the drive being unacessable.

3 When I try and play a music cd it brings up wmp then plays
    about 2 seconds of any chosen track and then skips back to
    the begining and repeats the whole thing ( I just thought why
    it repeats is because of my set up in wmp ) still dont know why
    it wont play though.

Any and all help will be much appreciated ( again, I dont know what I'd do without all of you ) Thanks

2. Styxx

Styxx Banned

First try this first:

Put your computer into Safe Mode;

(tap F8 twice per second during a restart; Choose option number three (3) in the Windows Startup dialog box using the arrow keys below the Delete key, and strike the Enter key; Click Ok when prompted)

Right-click My Computer; Point to Properties; Click the Device Manager tab; Click the plus sign beside CDROM; Highlight each device inside CDROM in turn and click the Add/Remove button. Repeat as necessary until noCDROM entry exists. Click Ok to close Device Manager. Restart via the Start button to exit Safe Mode. Windows will re-detect and refresh the DVD/CDROM drivers upon restart.

Go to the drive maker's or computer maker's website and get the newest drivers for the cDROM/DVD.

3. chiqantony

chiqantony

well for the dvd not working
    i faced something like this b4 and imagine the problem was from the wire of the media connected between the sound card and the dvd drive
    if u have a problem in your sound card a problem will be caused to the dvd espically when u are starting the vedio cd or a music cd
    u can reinstall the driver of the dvd or maybe its the head of the dvd drive it self

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/65877

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice